Participate Film Festival 9 Fiwom
Section 피움줌인
MPAA Rating 12

Reserve
Screening times Theaters Showtimes Dialog Reserve
19 12  2015-09-18  18:40  
27 2015-09-19  16:10  

Synopsis
Filmmaker Linda Brown’s father embodied 1960s masculinity. But when a devastating stroke leaves him vulnerable and dependent, Linda decides to confront the silence surrounding his troubled and violent past. Drawing on home movies, family photos and interviews, she reveals secrets, uncovers lies, and discovers a redeeming treasure in a lost family video. The result is an engrossing journey about the danger of carrying unresolved grief to our graves. You See Me is a brave, inspiring and empowering film that documents the essence of the human condition and seeks to face the past with courage in order to change the future.

Program Note
Some people have a story that must be told. A father was loved and hated - the documentary tries to confront his violence and the long time of neglect. It is less important to see how this confrontation could end up with; redemption, sympathy or reconciliation. But the process definitely enables family to move on to next chapter of life. It is another power of confession.

Director
린다 브라운 Linda Brown

Linda Brown is a recipient of a Kodak Vision Award for cinematography, a Kodak Education Award and a Fulbright Scholar. She studied filmmaking at Temple University and cinematography at AFI. Her credits include Little Indiscretions, Lucky Bastard and American Beauties: In Pursuit of Art, which she also produced. Brown shot Walking to Waldheim with Doris Roberts and episodes of Showtime’s Women: Stories of Passion, plus various documentaries and music videos throughout her long career. Her documentary, Your Favorite, detailing her relationship with her father, won recognition at Athens International Film Festival and the American Film Festival. Brown’s latest documentary, You See Me, received a USC Humanities Research Grant and is slated for release later this year. She has taught at AFI, Maine Media Workshops, City University of Hong Kong, Temple University and the Red Sea Institute of Cinematic Arts. She is presently an Associate Professor at USC’s School of Cinematic Arts and Head of the Cinematography track.

PARTNER

8-4, Jinheung-ro 16-gil, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, Korea fiwom
TEL. 02-3156-5414 | FAX. 02-3156-5499 | EMAIL. fiwom@fiwom.org